Tweet About Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Housewarming Card with Cricut Wild Card Cartridge

The card

After reading many posts about the Cricut Wild Card cartridge, I decided I HAD to have it! Since then, I have not had a good occasion to use it!! I tried one card to play with and never quite "got it."  Today, we finally needed a card for something. We went to a housewarming party for our cousins who had a terrible fire in their home this past Christmas. Fortunately, everyone was able to get out of the house safely! Unfortunately, their house could not be salvaged. After a long wait, they were finally able to move into their new home last month and we were happy to be able to celebrate with them! This celebration called for a card and I knew just the card to create. I used the Wild Card cartridge to create the little house card. That is the fourth button from the left on the bottom row.

The best tip I can now share is one that many other bloggers have mentioned (with a twist). When cutting these adorable cards, make sure to cut out the envelope first on "fit to page."  PAY ATTENTION to the size you are given when it actually cuts (if you forget to do this, insert another piece of the same size paper and pretend you are cutting it again, but click "OK" instead and it will tell you the size that was cut. Then, you are supposed to turn off "fit to page" and turn your dial to the size indicated for the envelope. My twist, however, is that the envelope is VERY snug if you do this. So, I turned the dial to the envelope size and then clicked down once more to remove 1/4" from the card. This made the card fit into the envelope MUCH better!!

In addition to the image and the shift image, I used the layers on this and the phrase and icon for the envelope. Also, I added Stardust Stickles to the window pane and the door, because what kind of Glitter Panda would I be without using GLITTER!! Finally, I added 2 stamps to the card in various places ("Hi There" and "Yeah for you!". This was a brand new set of stamps I JUST bought on sale, so it adds another item that is new for the card to make it perfect for the October Something New Paper Craft Weekend Challenge!
Please let me know what you think!

Here are more images:
The envelope

Inside the card
Got these Studio G Clear Stamps for $1.00 in clearance bin at A.C. Moore!

1 comment: