Tweet About Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Posh Pancakes, Pajamas and Purses Party

Purse cut at 1 1/2" - Lipstick & Polish at 2 3/4" - Posh at 1"

It's been a long time between posts and although I was sad not to blog, I have been VERY busy with life in general. Lots of grading and family time activities. BUT...I was working on a fantastic project that I am excited to share. My bunny (daughter) is turning 6 and it is time to celebrate!  In true Glitter Panda fashion, I decided to use my Cricut to come up with fabulous invites for the super fun party theme we came up with. Bunny's party is going to be a Posh Pajamas, Pancakes and Purses Party. It will be a pretend sleepover featuring breakfast for dinner (one of Bunny's favorites), nail polish for all the girls, a movie with popcorn, and S'mores!

Since the party will be a smaller gathering, I decided I could make all of the invites myself using my Cricut. I chose the Wild Card cartridge and bravely attempted the Pinwheel card!!  The nail polish, lipstick, purse and the word posh on the card all came from the Forever Young cartridge.

I used my favorite Recollections card stock (Butterfly Wings package) for the cards, the round turning circle and the base of the lipstick. The envelopes were all made using a 12X12 pad from Me and My Big Ideas. The style is called Bliss. The brads I used to connect the wheel to the card are Recollections as well, and I found them in the clearance bin at my local craft store. Some are flat, and some are super glittery!! Finally, I added Cotton Candy Stickles to the word "posh" and to the lipstick for a little bling!!

By trial and error, I have learned that cutting the card 1/4" smaller than the envelope ensures a better fit for the card. So, the card was cut at 6 1/4" and the envelopes were cut at 6 1/2" (both on the blackout feature).  The cupcake with the actual invite info was created by running the card stock through my laser printer. Then, I used the center point function on the Cricut to cut around the words in the shape of the cupcake. Pop Up Glue Dots gave the dimension to the cupcake on the inside (and the purse, lipstick and polish on the outside). See below for sizes and more pics!

Unique Envelopes cut at 6 1/2" on Blackout feature - 12X12 Me and My Big Ideas "Bliss" Pad
Cupcake created with Celebrations cartridge - cut at 5 3/4" using Center Point


No comments:

Post a Comment