Tweet About Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fashion City Skyline


I have already shared the beginning of my son's room makeover project, but what kind of mom would I be if I didn't share my daughter's as well? This project would not have been possible without the help of my fab sister-in-law and brother who spent most of their vacation here working on it with me...and by with me, I mean doing most of the work and giving me the direction I needed to get it done!

The amazing part about this room makeover is the amount of work that was handmade versus store bought. Aside from the bedding, the lamp a large picture and a couple of frames, every other component had a handmade element!  In the photo above, the cityscape was ENTIRELY hand painted, the curtains were made by my sister-in-law, and the chinese lanterns were bought (but started out white and we sprayed them silver).

Below is a before and after from a different angle. Unfortunately, I didn't think about the before shot until after we moved the original furniture out of the room, but you can get the idea here.

Before

After!

It is important to note that this room started with a little inspiration. Click here to see the inspiration room we used to create this fun project!

There are a number of other noteworthy elements in the room, but I will save those for a later post!



No comments:

Post a Comment