Tweet About Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Irish Eyes Are Smiling



Happy St. Patrick's Day!! If you are celebrating, I hope your day is full of fun and excitement!! We're going green here to celebrate. Although the holiday is today, my card was actually ready last week and is now finding its home in IRELAND! I knew I was going to make a card to celebrate my Year of Holiday Cards, and always love when I have a fabulous use for my cards. This one was great because I sent it to my brother-in-law's family in Ireland!!

I don't have the recipe for this one because I had to make it in a hurry, but you can find the recipe for my easel cards here. I used the shaker card process as well for the top layer. This was nice and easy because I used tiny shamrock die cuts from the Cricut Designer's Calendar cartridge inside (all shamrocks on the card, including the cutout are the same cut at different sizes), so the foam tape could have small gaps without the filling falling out. For embellishment on the top card, I hand stitched the card with my white gel pen, and added green Recollections crystals. On the bottom card, I added rainbow ribbon with green glitter ribbon over it (both are taped down under the layer), and stamped it with my Studio G stamp that has a horseshoe with the words Luck O' the Irish all the way around.

Panda Hugs!
-J

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sentimental Sundays Challenge #93 - Go Green or RECYCLE!

Simon Says Stamp - A Bit O' Green

Use it Tuesday Challenge #27 - Green! - (used my go to Recollections paper, my crystals from my stash, and Offray rainbow ribbon I have had for 100 years!)


4 comments:

  1. This card is just AWESOME! I haven't made an easel card yet and everytime I see one I want to try.... this one is AWESOME! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is awesome. Easel and shaker? You hit it out of the part.

    Thanks for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays. Please join us again soon.

    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card!!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Use It Tuesday!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect St Patricks Day card... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete