Tweet About Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Love you a Latte Card - Just Because

I made sure to vote on my way home from school today. It was very late, but I think every vote counts! When I got home, I had a wonderful treat waiting for me! The Just Because Cards cartridge was sitting on the counter, all wrapped up in the shipping packaging, just begging to be opened!!

There were two challenges I have been thinking about since the weekend and, after I put bunny to bed, I had a few moments of free time to craft! I told someone today that crafting is my therapy. I am able to focus on my creativity, not because someone NEEDS me to, but because I WANT to! So, I treated myself to a therapy session courtesy of Just Because cards and this is what I came up with. The two challenges are the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Tea Time Challenge and the PDCC106 based on the colors pink, yellow and gray. The result was a gray, pink and yellow card featuring, my hot beverage of choice, a latte!

I combined the "Love you a Latte" sentiment (#11) with the Milk card (#9) base in yellow. I cut the envelope first on the fit to page button (4 1/4").  The houndstooth print envelope is cut from a BEAUTIFUL 12x12 pad I have from DCWV called Bella Armoire. I cut the card at 4" to make sure it would fit nicely into the envelope. The shift for the card is the strip of houndstooth paper that matches the envelope.

The sentiment was too small at 4" so I recut it at 5" out of the pink paper and then cut the shift with silver paper (both from the Recollections packages). The teacup and teacup steam (teacup layer) were both from Once Upon a Princess and were cut at 1". I attached the teacup using dimensionals to give it a pop and then applied a TINY bit of Star Dust Stickles to give the coffee mug a shimmery finish.


11 comments:

  1. Very nice card, love the punch of yellow!!
    Kristan
    Getting Cricky Jr. DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I must admit my eyes are very drawn to your houndstooth strip though! :)
    Great job

    Amanda
    Getting Cricky JrDT Member
    http://cricktncrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job! The colors are so bright, they draw your eye right to the card. :)

    Thanks for joining in the Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Jessie
    Getting Cricky Jr DT member

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH! what a fun card--I really need to ink up my teacups/coffee images!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card & matching envelope! Awesome! Thanks for playing with us in the Getting Cricky Simple Sunday Challenge!
    :) Janis Getting Cricky SrDT
    pausedreamenjoy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card. You will love that cartridge.
    Cheri - Getting Cricky JrDT
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card!! Thanks for playing along with us at Getting Cricky's Simply Sunday Challenge!
    Happy Craftin :)

    Ildi-Getting Cricky DTM
    The Craftin Mama
    Please visit me too!
    Webmasters Earn Money Here!
    ildij3@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the black white and gray pattern. Lots of fun. Thanks for sharing and playing along this week.
    Heather Getting Cricky Junior Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card! I love that houndstooth paper, great choice!

    Thanks for joining us in the Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge!

    ~Big Hugs
    RhoLynda
    Getting Cricky Jr DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Supper Cool Card. Love the paper you chose & Love the colors. your blue cup is my fav. color. thanks for entering. Good Luck. What a great job.
    Anita Jr DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have Done a Beautiful Job!! Thanks for playing w/ us @ Getting Cricky Simply Sunday!

    JrDt Member
    divaof5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete