Tweet About Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 30, 2012

Footloose and Fun




Happy Monday!! I decided it would be fun to keep going with my Workshops on the Go projects to give you an idea of all of the fun projects you can make with these kits. They all include the Close to My Heart Duos papers, plain papers a stamp set AND some sort of embellishment. When you by the kit all together, it ends up saving you some money and ensures all of the components look BEAUTIFUL together!

For this post, I have created a beach inspired card using the CTMH Workshops On the Go Footloose Kit. All of the papers are beach themed and the stamp set includes a starfish, seahorse, sand dollar, shell and fish! If you love to scrapbook, this is a great kit for putting together stunning layouts for beach vacations or just awesome days at the shore. 


To create this card, I started with a white 4"x6" card. I cut my cardstock to 8" x 6" and scored it at 4" to create this base. On top of that, I added the pale green "Sweet Leaf" stock, cut to 3 1/2" x 5 1/2". For the next layer, I added three separate pieces of card stock on top of the green stock. The larger piece on the left is 2 1/2" x 3" and the two on the right are 2 1/2" x 1 1/2" each.  


After I finished the flat card components, I created the three layer scalloped circle embellishment. The bottom peach "Creme Brulee" scalloped layer was cut using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I cut <circle2> on page 31 at 2 1/2".  On top of that, I glued <circle1> on page 21 cut at 2".  I cut another <circle1> to 1 1/2" and stamped it in Lagoon Exclusive Ink with the "Happy as a Clam" stamp (which is empty in the middle of the circle) and then added the "clam" stamp in the middle. I used 3D Foam tape to add it on top of the blue, "Lagoon" circle.  Finally, I used the Lagoon ink to stamp the sand dollar onto one of the Wooden Badge Button embellishments. The come with an adhesive strip on the back, so it was easy to add to the scalloped circle.


If you noticed that the layers stand out nicely against one another, that is because, before I started, I used the Round Sponge to sponge the edges of the card, and all of my other layers with Cocoa Exclusive Ink. This adds dimension to the card and looks awesome!  


I hope you enjoyed this card and will try it yourself. Have a great week!!
XO
-Jamie
Glitter Panda

1 comment:

  1. This type of clam is usually thin and heavy. They can be found from southern California to the Bering Sea. The age of a cockle is determined by counting how many times it has grown in the winter. To learn more about what is a cockle shell visit on hyperlinked site.

    ReplyDelete