Tweet About Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Easy Butterfly Flower Card


Here's another simple card created with one of our CTMH Workshop on the Go kits. Unfortunately I created this before finding out that this Lucy Workshop has been discontinued, but I am including similar items for you to look at and if you already have the Lucy kit, you are good to go!
For this card, I relied heavily on the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I started by cutting the flat card components and assembling them. I cut the flower shaped card base from Colonial White paper at 5 1/4". Next I used the Grey Woolx paper to create the circle, cut at 4 1/2". Finally, I cut 2 ruffled semi circles on page 69 at 1 3/4" using 2 of the duos patterned papers. When I was finished cutting these elements, I sponged the edges using the Round Sponge and the Olive Exclusive Ink. I used adhesive tape to put them together and then started on the dimensional elements. 
I used the Cotton Candy paper to cut the scalloped piece with a punch because I had already put my Cricut away, but you could definitely use the Cricut to make a similar shape for that component. I used the Lucy Compliments Glittery Rub On Sheets to add the cute little butterfly. These are no longer available, but there is a great Christmas themed set that will be fabulous for holiday cards! Be sure to go over the image you are adding a few times with the stick provided. This will ensure that the entire image transfers properly. Next, I added a few bitty crystal embellishments to the butterfly for a little "glitter." it also makes the butterfly look like it's flying. For the rectangle, I cut the Creme Brûlée paper to 2 1/2" x 2" and then stamped it with Olive Exclusive Ink. I used the stamp set that came with the Lucy kit. The quote is one stamp and the butterfly is another. I turned the stamp upside down to do the one on the top. I sponged the edges of these two elements with the Olive ink as well and then added the rectangle with 3D foam tape and used a smaller piece of that tape to add the pink scallop on top of that. When I finished the card, I felt like it was missing something, so I used some pink ribbon to create a little bow and attached it using my fave adhesive, Liquid Glass.
 I hope the past few posts have shown you that the Workshop On The Go Kits are very flexible and can be used to create not only scrapbook layouts, but also cards as well!

Since this kit is no longer available, I encourage you to check out some of the other NEW kits, including:
- Scholastic Kit - Great for back to school
Flirty Kit - fun and flowery
Scroll Album Kit - a great project
- Pear and Partridge - Christmas themed kit
- Moonlight Kit - Halloween themed
- La Belle Vie - Love themed kit

Also be sure to check out the 2 new card making kits just for people like me!! Avonlea and Partridge and Pear

1 comment:

  1. This is Beautiful and I will definatly try this. I love the Lucy kit so much that I bought 2! TFS and for the great inspiration

    ReplyDelete