Tweet About Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday



When I decided to make make a card for every holiday, I had very little idea just how many holidays there actually are! That being said, it's Fat Tuesday (aka Mardi Gras). Fat Tuesday occurs on the day before Ash Wednesday and is named for the practice of eating heavier foods before the ritual fasting season called Lent. Instead of a card today, in keeping with Mardi Gras tradition, I decided to make a mask instead. I had a lot of fun making this and my daughter has already claimed it for show and tell tomorrow!

Panda Hugs!
J-

Recipe

I used the Me & My Big Ideas Bliss Matstack and cut out the mask on the green patterned paper at 11 1/2" using the <October> event button on the Cricut Designer's Calendar cartridge

Then, I cut two more of the same masks at 11 1/4" in purple and yellow

I removed the bottom of the second two masks, leaving only the decorative strips at the top

I used zig adhesive to attach the two decorative strips and placed them in a staggered manner so you can see all the colors from the front.  The image to the right shows the back of the mask and how the layered strips were attached.

Finally, I alternated tiny pearls and jewels to decorate the front of the mask and bent the feathery pieces in different directions to make them stand out more.

I am entering this into the following challenge:
Little Scrap Pieces - Use Green

2 comments:

  1. Thanks you so much for joining my challenge this week with your super chic mask. The green and the purple are a stunning combination. Always wanted to go to a party and get to use a mask like this....will have to put that on my bucket list....Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! Love the mask and the colors are perfect. TFS

    ReplyDelete