Tweet About Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dotty for Dad



Hello again! I am guest blogging on Cricut is Close to My Heart today!! Here is my post:  I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day...I know we sure did. Today, I want to share the card I made for my wonderful father and my amazing husband. I was inspired by the 7" x 5" R Card artwork on the back of the Dotty for You paper pack. I found this card to be quite versatile, and I was able to make just a few changes to make it masculine instead of feminine.

I started with a 7" x 5" card base for both cards. One in Kraft and the other in yellow. For both cards I added the big dot paper as the background. This took the place of the butterfly paper from the back of the paper pack. I cut this later at 4" x 6" so it wouldn't show from behind the frame layer I added next.  I cut the frames using the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge <Rctngle1> image at 4". For the Kraft frame, I used the mini yellow polka dot paper and for the Yellow frame, I used the blue mini polka dot paper. Both the big dot layer and the mini dot layer were added with dimensionals to give the card a fun twist.

Before I added the frame layer, I turned it over and added some green ribbon to it so it would show though. I used my trusty liquid glass adhesive to secure it to the back and put the adhesive on the back of the frame so it wouldn't show. Then I added the dimensionals and attached the frame. Finally, I used my Cricut Wild Card cartridge to cut the Happy Father's Day sentiment at 9 1/2". That is the <father> image on page 66. Both my father and my husband loved the cards and I hope you do too!!  See you soon!

Panda Hugs!
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment