Tweet About Me

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The End of March Madness




With March Madness coming to a close, there is no better time to create a basketball card! My son was at a basketball clinic all day today and then came home for 30 minutes and turned around to go to basketball practice! So you can imagine basketball is pretty big around here. One of my son's travel team teammates is having a birthday party party this week, so I decided to create this basketball birthday card.  I specifically chose the black and white striped paper reminded me of a referees uniform! It is so much more masculine than the cards I usually make, so I am proud of myself for going outside my comfort zone!
 
To create the card, I used the Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge for the banner and the border. The basketball is from two of the layers on the basketball image on the Cricut Best of 2008 cartridge. Here is a side view so you can see that the banner is added with 3D Foam Tape. I ran the orange ball through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder to make the texture more basketball-like. I sponged the edges of all of the layers and embellishments. I used the Close to my Heart "Celebrate" stamp for the first time and used Cocoa ink for the softer color. The little metal basketball is a brad I have been holding on to for a while. I thought that added just the right finishing touch!
Bye bye for now...Panda Hugs!
J-
Glitter Panda
I am entering this card into the following challenges:


  

Use it Tuesday Challenge #28 - Uninked Stamp - I used the Celebrate stamp that came with my CTMH Cricut collection (I also used the basketball brad I've been hoarding, the striped Recollections paper I have had but never used and my go to plain card stock that is taking over my dining room!)


4 comments:

  1. Your card is wonderful! I loved basketball season as my son used to be a starter in school.... ohhh so much fun and so many wonderful memories of exciting times! Thanks for the little trip down memory lane and sharing this wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! Thanks for playing along with CTO! www.scrappyrae10.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card!
    Super for the special guy!
    Thanks for joining us this week at CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great die-cut, love the elements you have combined on your wonderful card! Sorry I am late but I wanted to thank you for joining us @ CTO for our "Kids Birthday" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete